[MPlayer-users] Updated manual for mencoder?

Rainer Hantsch rainer at hantsch.co.at
Thu Oct 23 10:43:07 CEST 2003

Hi!

It is now some time ago that I configured a Celeron 1700 PC as my major
Video-Disk-Recorder. -- Thanks to your kindly help it works really perfect.

Though I would like to understand all this options I use, i.e. the one with
denoise3d=8:6:6 -- Denoise3d does not seem to be inside the normal man pages.

At all, I would recommend to separate mplayer and mencoder man pages from each
other.
· This will result in smaller size
· be less confusing, because several options are not valid for mplayer
  or mencoder.
Also it would be very helpful to have practical samples described, as:
· How do I 'mencode' from a VCD, from a TV card, from whatever...
· How do I convert files between DivX <--> MPEG1-2
and so forth.

Is there some documentation available which goes into depth? PostScript or PDF
files are highly prefered because they print much nicer than HTML-pages. (I
love to print manuals out and keep them in a book. ready much easier in the
living room)

mfg

  Ing. Rainer Hantsch