[MPlayer-users] LAVC-MPEG4 vs DIVX4 vs XVID??

Joonas Koivunen rzei at mbnet.fi
Thu Oct 23 18:03:16 CEST 2003

On Thursday 23 October 2003 10:05, JJ2Dogs wrote:
> So could any body send me a command line for 2pass encoding with divx4??
> I would like to set the first bitrate higher than the second pass.
Could you please do everyone a favor and start READING THE FUCKING MANUAL?
(man mplayer).  Everything is there, just read it, it seems that you haven't
read a single word. Another choice is to employ someone who is able to read
and referate or even tell ready commandlines for you.

When you've done reading go on experimenting. What options have a good
outcome? Read about not encoding the whole frigging file, only about 30 or 12
seconds for example. And if you are being serious about encoding something,
please stop using divx4, use lavc always when available.

-rzei