[MPlayer-users] How to suppress background noise

Alain Barthélemy cassandre at bartydeux.be
Sat Oct 25 13:01:50 CEST 2003

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2003, 11:02:08 ou environ Tuukka Toivonen <tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi> a écrit:
> On Fri, 24 Oct 2003, Rainer Hantsch wrote:
>
> >can't it be possible that the audio level is simply adjusted too loud?
>
> Maybe even more probably: microphone and other channels are not muted
> (=be sure that _only_ line in is used for recording, especially mic
> causes much noise if also it is recorded).
>
> >requires), he can also try to plug the Tape recorder's Audio-Out directly into
> >the soundcard's line-in.
>
> That's very good idea, he just should be sure that it's shielded cable.

Thanks for all your help. I made another trial.

Video-recorder Audio Line-Out -> Amplifier Line-In
Video-recorder Video Line-Out -> PC TV-card Video Line-In
Amplifier Rec2 Line-out -> PC Audio Line-In

Thus I don't connect the TV-Card Audio-Out with Audio Line-In anymore.

On KwinTV: image OK, sound very light Hum.

Then:

mencoder -tv driver=v4l -ovc lavc -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1500:vhq -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=128:mode=3
tv:// -vf eq=10:5 -o test.avi -endpos xx

I can hear the sound during capture (Volume-In on PC) and it sounds OK
but if I do:

mplayer test.avi

It is no more a hum I have but a distorted sound.

I don't understand because there is now a direct connection (via
amplifier) between Video-recorder and PC Line-In (not Microphone-In!).

With the same arrangement I can easily capture my Radio sound Output
and convert it to .mp3 without distortion. The only difference is the
Sound source (and combination with Video analog signal with mencoder).

Any suggestion apart from bying another TV-Card.

--
Alain Barthélemy
cassandre at bartydeux.be
http://bartydeux.be