[MPlayer-users] 1080i display corruption (was: HD (1280x720p) crash)

Adam Nielsen a.nielsen at optushome.com.au
Sat Oct 25 16:55:17 CEST 2003

> are you sure your hardware can do a 1280 wide overlay ?

That's weird, I can't display our local 1080i HDTV broadcasts (which mplayer
reports as 1920x1088) but xvinfo says:

maximum XvImage size: 2046 x 2046

I'm using a GeForce2 MX/400, and if I resize the video (using -vop scale I
think) it eventually displays properly windowed (and full screen at
1760x1320) as long as the width of the input video is less than about 1300
pixels.  Any wider than that and the image is severely distorted.  The
overlay is unstable, and some of the scanlines constantly jump around what
seems to be every refresh, even when the video is paused.

Has anyone else had problems like this?  It seems like a hardware problem,
which I'd assumed up until now when I see that according to xvinfo the
hardware should be able to cope.

Cheers,
Adam.