[MPlayer-users] fibmap_mplayer still useful?

Steven M. Schultz sms at 2BSD.COM
Sun Oct 26 07:38:22 CET 2003

Hi -

	Something I've been wondering about for a while now...

	Does the 'fibmap_player' program still serve a useful purpose?

The following task requires root privileges. If it fails don't panic,
however it means you can't use fibmap_mplayer.
Without this (or without running mplayer as root) you won't be
able to play encrypted DVDs.
install -o 0 -g 0 -m 4755 -s fibmap_mplayer /usr/local/bin/fibmap_mplayer

	None of my *BSD or Linux systems need or use the program and encrypted
	DVDs play fine.   Are there other systems which use fibmap_player or
	could the program be removed from MPlayer?

	Cheers,
	Steven Schultz