[MPlayer-users] Can't find VIDIX driver...

Plaz McMan PlazMcMan at Softhome.net
Mon Oct 27 06:58:40 CET 2003

I just installed mplayer on my Linux box (RH9 w/GeForce FX 5200 graphics
card), and using software rendering works fine. When I try to switch to
hardware rendering (VIDIX), I get an error message telling me it can't find
any drivers.

Now, I do have the drivers for my gcard working working under X (probably
unrelated), and I installed both the VIDIX rpm and the nvidia-vidix rpm.
Searching for "nvidia" yields a file (something like "nvidia_drv.o") in some
vidix directory (this is NOT the nvidia driver that X uses).

I'm not sure if I installed all the rpms for the same arc - I have an athlon
processor, but I might have a combination of athlon/ix86 mplayer rpms.

Any help would be great.

-Brannon Klopfer

P.S. Sorry for my vagueness - my winmodem doesn't work under Linux, so I am
forced to use the 'net from WinMe (ugh...). I well, per request, post error
messages in more detail.