[MPlayer-users] mencoder - phenomen....

Daniele Forghieri guru at digitalfantasy.it
Mon Oct 27 15:22:04 CET 2003

Rainer Hantsch wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]

>Hi!
>
>Meanwhile it starts to become really strange:
>
>I try to convert a movie from 3x(S)VCD  into  1x DivX   file. Source is a
>(S)Video-CD, no plain .mpg file.

I've got the same problem if I use mp3 audio.

After that i use pcm sound, cat the file and convert to mp3 the final
(global) file.

Probably the sync error is due to the fact that mp3 work with frames of,
say, 1/2 second and you  end up with a  123,4 sec video and 123,5 sec audio.

When  you look and listen the single file you don't notice the ,1 second
of  audio at the end, but if you cat two file the second got an error of
,1 sec.

If you cat more file of size that is not an exact multiple of the mp3
frame time you got an error that grow up on every file.

    Daniele Forghieri