[MPlayer-users] inverse telecine filter

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Oct 28 02:21:54 CET 2003

Steven Adeff wrote:

> it has problems with. I want to make sure that mplayer has the same problems
> but I'm not sure how to move frame by frame during playback and I was
> wondering if there was a way I could do this to check?

Unfortunately, no. There are, however, a few different methods you can
work around this limitation.

1. mplayer somefile.avi -fps 1
2. mplayer somefile.avi -speed 0.04
(of course, vary the above values as you want)
3. mplayer somefile.avi -vo png

In method #3, you may want to add a -ss so that you don't have to seek
while mplayer is outputting tons of pngs in your current directory.

-Corey