[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1.0 pre2 (and CVS) compilation fails at ad_faad.c

Dan Naumov dan.naumov at ofw.fi
Tue Oct 28 21:43:30 CET 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 22:17, Dan Naumov wrote:
> This is happening on a FreeBSD 5.1-RELEASE-p10 system with gcc version
> 3.2.2. I've tried updating 1.0 pre2 to current CVS, but the same error
> remains. It doesn't occur in 1.0 pre1 at all as it compiles just fine
> with the same ./configure options. Anyone else having similar issues ?

Replying to myself, apparently this compilation issue is due to the fact
that MPlayer now attempts to use the internal faad codec. If I pass the
./configure option to use external faad, it compiles without errors.
However, both mplayer and gmplayer immidiately dump core after being
run. It's back to 1.0 pre1 for me :(

Sincerely,
Dan Naumov