[MPlayer-users] Things (artifacts?) appearing in output and input - Help!

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Oct 29 20:37:31 CET 2003

On Wed, 2003-10-15 at 15:35, AthlonRob wrote:

> I'm getting 'things' appearing in video.  They're hard to describe, so I
> did a -vo jpeg and put them up on my web server, http://rob.axpr.net/

Just solved it... for real this time... I've been watching DVDs for a
few hours now, spread out over three days.  No wierd artifacts this
time.

I replaced the motherboard.  Same problem.

I swapped out the RAM.  Same problem.

That left only the CPU.

I pulled out the old Duron 650 and replaced it with Fry's cheapest
Athlon chip - the 2000+ ($69 - damn Fry's!).

No more problems, everything works great, and video encodes about three
times as quick.

Rob