[MPlayer-users] video freeze

Karthik Paithankar molecularbiophysics at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 22:51:19 CET 2003

I used mencoder with the following options:  -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv1 and wrote into a file. when I play this
file in  windows media player - the player plays for
about 15 sec and then the video freezes while the
audio functions properly. If I seek  the play to
somewhere else in the clip again it continues  and
then gets struck after sometime (not exactly after 15
sec but randomly it freezes up).  I have found there
is nothing much to do with the hardware of the new Xp
machine.

The same file plays flawlessly in mplayer :-)

mencoder -dvd 01 -dvd-device /media/cdrecorder/
-chapter 4-4 -o test.avi -lavcopts
vcodec=wmv1:vbitrate=1800 -vop scale=640:480 -ofps
23.976 -oac pcm -ovc lavc -alang en

Version: MEncoder 0.90rc5-2.95.3

Thanks...