[MPlayer-users] Buffer Overflow in Mplayer v0.91 and prior

Pierre Lombard p_l at gmx.fr
Mon Sep 1 02:15:18 CEST 2003

* CoKi <coki at interlap.com.ar> [2003-08-31 22:55]:

> No System Group - Advisory #2 - 01/09/03
> Program:  MPlayer - The Movie Player for Linux
> Homepage:  http://www.mplayerhq.hu
> Vulnerable Versions: Mplayer v0.91 and prior
> Risk: Low / Medium
> Impact: Stack Buffer Overflow

FWIW, I reported it to mplayer advance user list a few months ago but
did not do further investigations so it may have taken some time to fix.

 Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 03:22:49 +0200
 Subject: [Mplayer-advusers] [BUG] segfault with very long file names in
0.90-cvs and main-cvs

There are most likely other bugs not yet fixed still lurking in this
list, so if anyone feels like writing other advisories that'll help
finding which ones 8)

--
Best regards,
  Pierre Lombard