[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90 and Matrox Millenium II

zimon@iki.fi zimon at niksula.hut.fi
Tue Sep 2 00:25:21 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:17:42PM +0100, Martin Collins wrote:
> On Mon, 1 Sep 2003 10:24:04 +0200 (CEST)
> Felip <drfelip at yahoo.es> wrote:
> > I recently installed Libranet 2.7 (XFree86 version: 4.2.0) on an old
> > computer with a Matrox Millenium II card (PCI, 4 MB). I tried
> > compiling Mplayer 0.90 from source, but when I try playing movies,
> > no image is displayed.
> [snip]
> > It looks like no useful output drivers are installed: no svga, no
> > xv, no x11... What can I do to play movies? In the past, the same
> Does mga_vid work with the Millenium II? Try making in the
> main/drivers/ directory and loading the resultant module before
> configuring and making mplayer.

No, mga_vid I remember right didn't work with Millenium-cards.

Only output devices which I remember working with Millenium were:
x11, fbdev, directfb (somehow)

To get fbdev work, one should have fbdev-modules loaded in kernel.
# modprobe fbdev

Also under X11, having 'Option "UseFBDEv"' in the "Device" section of
/etc/X11/XF86Config file was a good idea. But note!, you won't be able
to start X then if your kernel fb-modules does not work. (matroxfb_base,
matroxfb_misc, ...)

In /etc/modules.conf:
# Matrox FB
alias /dev/fb* fbdev