[MPlayer-users] lower/higher framerate while movie is playing?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Wed Sep 3 07:37:36 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> On Tue, Sep 02, 2003 at 01:22:39PM -0000, Panagiotis Kotsiopoulos wrote:

>> I want to lower (and higher) the framerate of a movie from, let's
>> say, 25fps to 24fps while the movie is playing. I can't find
>> anything on the documentation about this, and couldn't find it in
>> list archives/google etc.
>>
>> Is this going to mess A/V sync?? is it emplemented on mplayer??
>
> Use -speed 24/25.

Hmm. Will that in fact do what he's asking about?

If so, the man page entry is highly misleading on the subject.

As I read it, he wants to be able to toggle between 24fps playback and
25fps playback in midstream, without stopping the player.

While -speed as described in the man page would let him specify
framerates when starting out, I see no indication that it would allow
such a toggle; if in fact it would, as seems perhaps unlikely, then
there is no indication of how to change from one to the other.

Have I succeeded in muddling this up?

--
       The Wanderer