[MPlayer-users] newbie: how can I rotate an .avi and preserve the file type/codecs

Attila Kinali kinali at gmx.net
Wed Sep 3 22:10:59 CEST 2003

On Wed, 3 Sep 2003 21:51:12 +0200
Mike Bosschaert <mike.bosschaert at hccnet.nl> wrote:

> I need to rotate some .avi files (I made some 'portrait' still pictures with
> my DV camera) while keeping the original codec. I grab the pictures (approx
> 7secs of film) from my camera with dvgrab --format dv2. I can rotate the
> pictures with the option -vop rotate=2. When I use:

It's not possible to rotate a picture without reencoding it.
(there are several structures that have a orientation that can
not be changed easily).

Now, your prob with -ovc libdv could be caused by:
--
DV: only 720x480 (NTSC) and 720x576 (PAL) resolutions allowed! try with -vop
scale=720:480

HTH

		Attila Kinali

--
Chu beyond the blackest chu, Deeper then the deepest pika, King of pikachu who
shines like gold on the sea of electric. I call upon thee, swear myself to thee,