[MPlayer-users] Playing raw audio with video

Matthias Schwarzott zzam at gmx.de
Thu Sep 4 00:03:45 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 03 September 2003 23:14, Peter Nelson wrote:
> I have a raw AC3 audio stream that I would like to play as the audio for
> an avi. (Releaser released an anime with the dub instead of jap audio
> but then the raw AC3 jap audio by itself when he was told his mistake).
> Anyway, I can play the AC3 file just fine using:
>
> mplayer -rawaudio on:format=0x2000 Metropolis.ac3
>
> however when I try to do something like:
>
> mplayer -rawaudio on:format=0x2000 -audio-demuxer 20 -audiofile
> Metropolis.ac3 Metropolis.avi
>

> I get "Encrypted stream" errors.  Any hints?

I also fiddle around with ac3. I finally managed to play it along a
video-sequence. Some time ago I thought how to change this behaviour to make
the syntax a bit more simple, but had not the time to realize it.
Try this command line:

mplayer -audio-demuxer 20 -rawaudio format=0x2000 -audiofile Metropolis.ac3
Metropolis.avi

Matthias