[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 0.90 and Matrox Millenium II

Felip drfelip at yahoo.es
Thu Sep 4 08:00:50 CEST 2003

 --- xi <xizard at enib.fr> escribió: > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read
DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> zimon at iki.fi wrote:
> > [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
> DOCS/bugreports.html]
> > On Mon, Sep 01, 2003 at 07:17:42PM +0100, Martin Collins wrote:

> old
> >>
> >>[snip]

> >>Does mga_vid work with the Millenium II? Try making in the
> >>main/drivers/ directory and loading the resultant module before
> >>configuring and making mplayer.
> >

> > No, mga_vid I remember right didn't work with Millenium-cards.
> >
> > Only output devices which I remember working with Millenium were:
> > x11, fbdev, directfb (somehow)
> >
> > To get fbdev work, one should have fbdev-modules loaded in kernel.
> > # modprobe fbdev

Thanks for your suggestion! But when I try it, I get:

modprobe: Can't locate module fbdev

> Hello,
>
> There is a patch for Xfree in order to add Xv support for Matrox
> millenium II
> You can find this patch from Gabriele Gorla here:
> http://www.penguintown.net/~gorlik/
> (the site seems to be currently down, I can provide the patch if
> necessary ; or better, contact the author: gorlik at acm.org

It seems to be up now :>) Well, it says to apply the patch to the file:

xc/programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/mga/mga_video.c

But I can't find that file. Neither locate mga_video.c or wheris
mga_video.c can find the file. What can be the problem?

=====
Francisco Felipe Legaz "Felip"
Visita: http://www.novenadimensio.net i http://pagina.de/Felip

"Arrakis ensenya l'actitud del coltell: aixo s'acaba perque ho tall AQUI"