[MPlayer-users] [BUG] incorrect aspect ratio in portrait monitor orientation (-vo directx)

Roman Belenov rbelenov at yandex.ru
Thu Sep 4 08:20:51 CEST 2003

I tried mplayer 1.0pre1 on cygwin (sorry for not using CVS, I can't
access it from this computer). I'm using LCD display with portrait
orientation (1200x1600 resolution), and all the videos appeared
stretched vertically; changing orientation to landscape fixed the
situation. Quick browsing of the codes showed that DirectX backend
that I'm using uses functions from aspect.c to fix aspect ratio of the
displayed video but doesn't set monitor_aspect in any way, so it works
correctly only on monitors with 4:3 width/height ratio. I guess actual
ratio should be somehow obtained from the system.

As I mentioned, I compiled 1.0pre1, but I looked at CVS version of
vo_directx.c (via Web interface), and it seems that it has the same
problem.

--
 							With regards, Roman.