[MPlayer-users] MPlayer 1.0pre1 incorrectly determines my device is disabled.

Eric Johnson ejohns at ix.netcom.com
Thu Sep 4 08:39:19 CEST 2003

I have just built Mplayer-1.0pre1 and attempted to use the xvidix video
output.  I get this in the output:

	[radeon] Found chip: Radeon VE QY
	[radeon] Device is disabled, ignoring
	vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
	Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

The only radeon device in my machine is a dual head Radeon 7500 VE, with
  both heads in use.  There is also an old Chips & Technologies PCI
card, also not disabled.  There are no disabled video devices of any
kind in my machine.

Google turned up this patch:
http://mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2003-March/031581.html

So I tried removing the following lines from radeon_vid.c:

         if ((lst[i].command & PCI_COMMAND_IO) == 0)
         {
                 printf("[radeon] Device is disabled, ignoring\n");
                 continue;
         }

After rebuilding MPlayer, the xvidix output works.  So it looks like the
   code that is meant to determine whether my video devices is disabled
is getting incorrect results.

--Eric Johnson