[MPlayer-users] Re: best graphical card for mplayer

Adam Tla/lka atlka at pg.gda.pl
Thu Sep 4 08:35:01 CEST 2003

On Thu, Sep 04, 2003 at 10:17:37AM +0200, Fabio Papa wrote:
> Sorry to burst into this at this point, but I'm preparing a PC for a friend
> which has a GeForce, and I wanted to know if there is really the need for the
> proprietary drivers. For now I'm using the standard nv driver that comes with
> XFree 4.3. Is there a real gain from using the proprietary ones?
There are drivers on NVidia site and we can find patches to use them
with newest kernels. I am using NVidia for a long time and it's working
quite good (mplayer and xv vo). Maybe video is  not so briliant as on
ATI but acceptable. Hardware OpenGL acceleration is working too
with proprietary drivers.

Regards
--
Adam Tla/lka      mailto:atlka at pg.gda.pl    ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
Computer Center,  Gdansk University of Technology, Poland
PGP public key:   finger atlka at sunrise.pg.gda.pl