[MPlayer-users] Re: PLEASE READ

John P. Johnson II JohnJ at adminconcepts.com
Fri Sep 5 17:34:08 CEST 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Erik Slagter [mailto:erik at oldconomy.com]
Sent: Friday, September 05, 2003 9:20 AM
To: MPlayer user's list.
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Re: PLEASE READ

[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read
DOCS/bugreports.html]
> Wanderer gets the prize. I thought it was understood that this thread
> was never serious. Yes, it is perfectly correct grammar and usage. I
> expect most Nederlanders use better English grammar than most
Americans.

> Then, for all us non-native-english speakers, what _does_ this word
> actually mean, besides the perfectly clear description in the
dictionary?
> Or is it something naughty? Maybe "American-English" has an extra
> meaning for it?

For those of you who have not seen the movie _The Princess Bride_, the
phrase
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it
means." is
actually a direct quote from the movie. It's just funny, there is no
more
meaning than that. Also, the word that this phrase was talking about,
namely,
inconceivable, was being used correctly in the movie, which is what
makes the
phrase funny.