[MPlayer-users] best graphical card for mplayer

Sergei Klink sklink at yandex.ru
Sat Sep 6 23:44:45 CEST 2003

В сообщении от Суббота 06 Сентябрь 2003 11:50 Corey Hickey написал:

> Sergei Klink wrote:
> > looks like there are
> > enough fans of both companies' boards :).
>
> Maybe so, but sometimes there aren't enough fans ON the boards. :) My
> friend recently bought a GeForceFX (the kind that usually has the huge
> blower over the heat sink). In this case, there was no fan at all - it
> was just passively cooled. That would have been nice, except that the
> dinky little heatsink (which, incidentally, was shaped to spell out
> the manufacturer's name) was obviously incapable of cooling the chip.
> After my friend burned his hand on the heat sink and his system kept
> crashing, he sent the card back for a refund.

Oh yeah, just remembered - mine doesn't have it either, which I so far
appreciate - it's a bit more quiet and the heatsink looks quite solid. Had
the system running for a few days, played a few games with max settings for
some time, and haven't spotted any problems so far...
The only time I have been so (un)lucky as to burn my hand on a heatsink was
when the fan on my older cyrix-150+(120, that is :) fell off and I was
wondering why did I suddenly get a kernel crash :)