[MPlayer-users] Re: Mpeg2 encoding results

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Sun Sep 7 18:42:18 CEST 2003

Hi Michael,

> around outlines.
> can u upload (to ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming and tell us that u
did)
> short samples (orginal source, lavc encoded, xvid encoded & command line
> options used for both encodings) which show these problems (gray blocks &
> mosquitos)

I added scplx_mask=0.2 to the encoding parameters and it made miracles! Why
didn't you say it sooner? :)
Now blocks seem to have almost completely vanished :)

I wonder if 0.2 is a bit too high, what value do you suggest?

Is it possible to instruct lavc to encapsulate the cropped image into a
larger frame, so as to
encode only the useful part of the video and to add it black borders to keep
a resolution
compatible with dvds?

Thanks very much,
        Nico