[MPlayer-users] mencoder edl?

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 8 01:09:50 CEST 2003

Stephen Cronan wrote:
> This seems like a silly question?
> But is there no option to use an edl for mencoder, it appears to only
> work in mplayer.
I've made the same suggestion here before.

> I basically have footage that needs to be cut up and i'd like to encode
> it to divx as i do.
> I was thinking about writing a script using the fps and the -frames
> option, but there doesnt appear to be a start frame or start time option
> either?
You mean there doesn't appear to be "-ss"?

> Only other option i can think of is to extract all the frames then
> re-encode, but there has to be an easier way!

My main suggestion would be to install avidemux, and use that for the
editing.

If you are still interested in -edl, I would suggest you try the following:
mplayer -edl file.edl video.divx -dumpstream -dumpfile edited-video.divx