[MPlayer-users] patch: no skipped frames anymore

Tuukka Toivonen tuukkat at ee.oulu.fi
Mon Sep 8 18:58:03 CEST 2003

On Mon, 8 Sep 2003, Joonas Koivunen wrote:

>However I wonder (while not understanding anything of the black magic a-v sync
>code of mplayer/mencoder) if this will screw up the a-v sync on files created
>with skiplimit? (you don't have to answer me :) i bet this will be discussed

Doesn't look so. Without the patch I periodically get "duplicated frame"
and then soon after "skipped frame". With this patch, both are gone, giving
smoother motion. (I encode video and audio which are already captured and
synchronized while capturing). Yes, the patch has been tested with about
max two hour movies.

If you lose a-v sync, just use nonzero parameter with -skiplimit, then it
will work just like before.

>at dev-eng if there's a problem :)) )

I bet it won't. They take patches only sent to dev list (not to user list)
but I don't think my email allows me subscribing so that it would work.