[MPlayer-users] Re: encoding quality - bpp, resolution, quants and quality

HR haavroed at online.no
Tue Sep 9 13:17:36 CEST 2003

> I was asking whether the actual bitrate matched the expected bitrate.

Well, pretty close - target filesize with my selected bitrate was 700
megs, and it result was 703, so the actual bitrate should be very close.
I've deleted the file, so I cant check exactly. Sound was 131 megs, so
the resulting bitrate didn't deviate from the requested significantly?
(Usually my encodings are much closer to requested, < 1 meg off)

Now, at 33% (53959 frames) with requested bpp=0.171, all quants are
still 2. Is there a bug in XViD, mencoder, or is it just another of the
many many in my head? The 1st pass (of the video enc) is like this;

mencoder input.vob -oac copy -ovc xvid -xvidencopts
max_key_interval=125:pass=1:bitrate=739:me_quality=5:4mv -sws 2 -vop
scale=544:304,crop=702:556:8:8 -o /dev/null

HR