[MPlayer-users] Re: mencoder crash

mslama at email.cz mslama at email.cz
Wed Sep 10 23:00:40 CEST 2003

> this may be "fixed" in latest ffmpeg developer cvs (= tomorrows ffmpeg
> annonymous cvs) allthough the correct fix would be to not reinit the encoder
> at all ...

Thx. Good to know I will try :). Interesting in my case: mencoder -ovc copy -oac copy
works fine, no problem. Encoding resulting avi file is the same problem as before just a little bit sooner - segfault with the same message. I tried avidemux2 with the same cvs version of ffmpeg as I used with mencoder and so far it did not crash (still not finished currently it is in the middle of 1st pass - it is much slower :(). (Anyway it is not important to encode this movie. It is just annoying why it does not work :)).

Marek.