[MPlayer-users] Size of file problems in encoding

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Sat Sep 13 18:35:38 CEST 2003

Quoting Carlo <carlo at battilanaeros.191.it>:

Hi to everyone I've tried to encode with Mencoder  a DVD using XviD and Mp3lame
as codecs in a 3 pass Encoding but during the first video pass when the .avi
file was about 2 GB of size the program stopped and told the file was too big.I
think my filesystem shold use 2GB files and I've enough space on HD. It is a
program problem or a FS problem what can I do?
Thanks Carlo

Don't record it to a file.... it's the first pass, so the output is not
required..... mencoder blah blah blah -o /dev/null

chris