[MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder segvault with -vf pullup [partial bugreport]

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sat Sep 13 20:08:25 CEST 2003

Hi,

I just ran into a segfault with mencoder and -vf pullup. It seems that
pullup is unhappy when I crop the movie, but has no trouble when I
don't.

[WORKS]
mencoder pullup-segfault.vob -vf crop=716:374:2:48 -ovc lavc\
  -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy

[ALSO WORKS]
mencoder pullup-segfault.vob -vf pullup -ovc lavc\
  -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy

[DOES NOT WORK]
mencoder pullup-segfault.vob -vf crop=716:374:2:48,pullup -ovc lavc\
  -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy

For this last case, I've attached the verbose output of mencoder.

The segfault happens right at the beginning, so I've dd-ed the first
100k, and uploaded that to ftp.mplayerhq.hu as pullup-segfault.vob.
That file is also publicly available at:
http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/pullup/pullup-segfault.vob

In case you want a larger piece of the file, I've made a 50MB chunk
at:
http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/pullup/pullup-segfault-larger.vob

Rich, is this enough information for you? I can do a full gdb bugreport
if you want, but I'm too lazy to do so unless you tell me you need it.
:)

-Corey