[MPlayer-users] can't initialize cyberblade_vid for vidix

Chris Phillips chris at thirtythreeandathird.net
Sat Sep 13 21:48:57 CEST 2003

hi, i'm trying to get the vidix output to work for my epia 800 system, but
it's not finding the chip:

mplayer -vo fbdev:vidix:cyberblade_vid.so -v -v /var/film/futurama.avi
[...]
vosub_vidix: vidix_preinit(:cyberblade_vid.so) was called
[cyberblade] Can't find chip
vosub_vidix: Couldn't find working VIDIX driver
vo_subdevice: initialization returns: -1
Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

but lspci reports:

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: Trident Microsystems CyberBlade/i1 (rev
6a)

This happens wether i'm running a vesa framebuffer console or not, with
fbdev or vesa as the main driver. I'm running everythign as root etc..

any help?

thanks

chris