[MPlayer-users] subtitles

Anton anton_melser at paradise.net.nz
Sun Sep 14 09:45:12 CEST 2003

Hi,
I have been trying to fiddle with the subtitles of Madadayo (Kurosawa),
which I have on HD in .vobs. I get the subtitles but none of the other
options seem to work very well (-ffactor 0 makes them mostly white, and
completely illegible... but nothing else has any effect AT ALL). I have
played with everything I can think of. I can't seem to make them any
bigger and in fact, I can't seem to get subtitles to work with avis any
more.
I get :

Starting playback...
New_Face failed. Maybe the font path is wrong.  1   0%  0%  0.0% 0 0 0%
Please supply the text font file (~/.mplayer/subfont.ttf).
subtitle font: load_sub_face failed.

The VERY annoying thing was that I thought I had subtitles sussed and
had had no problems up until now.
Very confused...
Anton