[MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder segvault with -vf pullup [partial bugreport]

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Sun Sep 14 20:19:05 CEST 2003

D Richard Felker III wrote:

> If your image size if WxH, each field has a height of H/2, which in
> turn means the chroma height of a field is H/4.
>
> Rich

Oops, I didn't mean to say field, I meant something else and I was mixed
up. Yesterday was rather hot and my brain was overheating. :)

Anyway, I just ran into another segfault with pullup. I tried running
pullup before crop, to see how that went, and on several DVDs I tried,
the encoding segfaulted right after the message:

Could not get buffer from pullup!

To make it not fail, I can either remove the -ofps 23.976 or insert
crop=704:480:6:0 before pullup. I know that cropping beforehand is the
correct thing to do here, regardless, but I figured you might be
interested in a bugreport anyway.

[FAILS]
mencoder pullup-buffer-segfault.vob -vf pullup -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -ofps 23.976

[WORKS]
mencoder pullup-buffer-segfault.vob -vf crop=704:480:6:0:pullup -ovc \
lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy -ofps 23.976

[WORKS]
mencoder pullup-buffer-segfault.vob -vf pullup -ovc lavc -lavcopts \
vcodec=mpeg4 -oac copy

I've attached an mencoder -v log of the failing test, and uploaded the
source to ftp.mplayerhq.hu as pullup-buffer-segfault.vob, also at:
http://bugfood.casa-z.org/mpbug/pullup2/pullup-buffer-segfault.vob

Once again, thanks for the great work!

-Corey