[MPlayer-users] BUG: mencoder segvault with -vf pullup [partial bugreport]

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Sep 15 04:47:55 CEST 2003

On Sun, Sep 14, 2003 at 11:19:05AM -0700, Corey Hickey wrote:
> Anyway, I just ran into another segfault with pullup. I tried running
> pullup before crop, to see how that went, and on several DVDs I tried,
> the encoding segfaulted right after the message:
>
> Could not get buffer from pullup!
>
> To make it not fail, I can either remove the -ofps 23.976 or insert
> crop=704:480:6:0 before pullup. I know that cropping beforehand is the
> correct thing to do here, regardless, but I figured you might be
> interested in a bugreport anyway.

By the way, thanks for testing and sending bugreports! Even if you
didn't RTFM, I appreciate any work to test this code and make sure
it's working well! I spent many many hours figuring out the correct
way to choose how to put progressive frames together from fields
without making mistakes, so I'm happy to see it being used and tested,
even if it isn't ready for serious encoding use yet (that will
probably have to wait for mencoder-g2, which I hope to work on soon).

Rich