[MPlayer-users] Good PCI card for MPlayer

Felip drfelip at yahoo.es
Mon Sep 15 09:44:07 CEST 2003

Hi! After my problems compiling MPlayer for my Matrox Millenium II I'm
wondering about replacing it for another card. So I'll like to know
your opinion about MPlayer's performance of PCI cards.

My main options are a new Nvidia Riva TNT2 32 MB for 39 euros and a
second hand ATI Rage II 8 MB for 14 euros.

The point is that the computer is an old 233 MMX Pentium, so I'm afraid
CPU power will be a bottleneck and I'll notice no performance
enhancement with a better card. I would avoid driver/compiling
problems, too, I would like a card with a good Linux support.

Thanks in advance.

=====
Francisco Felipe Legaz "Felip"
Visita: http://www.novenadimensio.net i http://pagina.de/Felip

"Arrakis ensenya l'actitud del coltell: aixo s'acaba perque ho tall AQUI"