[MPlayer-users] NOVIRUS win MoviePlayer doesn't load subtitles

D Richard Felker III dalias at aerifal.cx
Mon Sep 15 18:40:24 CEST 2003

On Mon, Sep 15, 2003 at 02:26:06PM +0200, CrimeDog wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Mplayers port for windows doesn't autimagically load subtitles. The
> nemes of movie and subtitles is the same, eg:
>
> D:\Amelie\Amelie.avi
> D:\Amelie\Amelie.txt

.txt is not an extension for subtitles. Figure out what type of
subtitles they are (.srt? .ssa? .js? etc.) and rename the file, and
then it will work fine.

> PS. Can you correct s p a m  filter, my mail server automatically
> adds this sentens:

> so I must use NOVIRUS prefix ;-((

Then just add the prefix. Unfortunately lots of broken virus-scanning
mailservers send a reply which says "we detected a virus in your
email" when the source address was obviously forged. AFAIK that's why
mail that mentions virus in the headers is dropped.

Rich