[MPlayer-users] strange effects when playing wav audio

Serge Winitzki winitzki at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 16 00:30:43 CEST 2003

Hi,

I have uploaded the files try1.wav and try1.log to the
ftp server. Maybe someone can take a look. When
playing the file try1.wav using sox (i.e. "play
try1.wav") I hear a normal sound. When playing through
mplayer, I hear lots of percussive noise superimposed
on the sound, as if a jackhammer is working nearby. I
tried various audio filters, e.g. mplayer -af
format=2:imaadpcm and so on, and couldn't get any
improvement.
The command I used was:

mplayer -v try1.wav >& try1.log
I use:
MPlayer 1.0pre1, OSS audio
gcc version 2.95.4 20011002 (Debian prerelease)
linux 2.4.21 on Pentium II (mmx enabled)

=====
----
	Serge Winitzki