[MPlayer-users] Howdy Folks

Patrice Levesque wayne at ptaff.ca
Tue Sep 16 06:34:28 CEST 2003

> MPlayer was very hard to install. I don't think any layman on the street
> is ever going to figure it out. I'm not totally stupid and I couldn't.

You can't just wake up from Windows world and become a master of another
environment; Windows will learn you some lessons but not the right ones
(no, it's not normal to reboot that often; no, you don't have to
reinstall from scratch every 6 months; no, you CAN run many applications
and one will not crash another; no, ...).  You should give yourself some
time.  This is advanced stuff (more advanced than you'd find in an
"advanced" tab anyway).  I agree with you that it's not for everyone;
but then, are you the 'average folk'? :)

> Well I'm just a windows baby but I still like Red Hat. Maybe with a
> little education I will like it a lot more someday.

You will.  You just need some time.

--
  wayne at ptaff.ca
--====|====-- "I won't say what it does because I
don't want to promote a non-free program" --- RMS

http://www.ofb.biz/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=260