[MPlayer-users] Re: [OLD-Mplayer-users] flicker with kernel 2.4.21

Attila Kinali attila at kinali.ch
Tue Sep 16 09:11:08 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Mon, 15 Sep 2003 21:55:46 +0200
Axel Villamo <axel.villamo at telia.com> wrote:

First: you are using the old mplayer user mailinglist on
sourceforge, which isnt in use anymore. Please subscribe
to the new one instead.
Second: you havent written a full bugreport. Please read
bugreports.html next time.
Thirt: there is a magic key on your kbd that's called "Return"
or "Enter". Please use it once in a while, preferabely
every 60-70 key strokes.

> I'm running linux slackware 9.0 and mplayer 0.90.
> My box is a athlon (slot-a) with a matrox g400DH 32mb
> connected to a sony pal tv with s-video.

0.90 is outdated, please use 1.0pre1 or cvs instead.

> First when i installed mplayer it worked wery well.
> But when I compiled a kernel of my own, 2.4.21, the picture
> on my TV starts to flicker whey more than with the original
> kernel. I think this has someting to do with the mga driver,
> but I hope that some of you on this list can help me with my problem.

I dont think it's the mga_vid driver as you dont use it for tv-out.
Either the mga driver for XF86 and the kernel framebuffer driver are not
part of the mplayer project and thus we cant fix your problem (especialy not
as you didnt tell us what your problem is).

			Attila Kinali