[MPlayer-users] AAC Audio inside mpeg transport stream - failure

Nico nsabbi at libero.it
Tue Sep 16 10:38:59 CEST 2003

tim at pbx.mine.nu wrote:

>[Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html]
>

>>support for AAC in TS is still in very early stages; I still need to
>>figure out how to determine certain parameters
>>(such as bitrate/layer) before the stream can play correctly.
>>

>>I took the sample, and I will work on the demuxer one of these days.
>>

>>If you have any samples, please send me a link, so I can test the
>>demuxer better.
>>

>Excellent. Please tell me (off-list) where to dump them, and I can give
>you as many test streams as you want. This is the DVB format around here,

I  thought it was ATSC

>and I can easily record them. All the broadcasts use AAC audio, so I am
>quite interested in getting it to work. Also I haven't tried with mplayer,
>but I can also record radio stations in the same way - getting mpegts with
>some xml data and aac audio only. Eventually that would be nice to have
>working as well.

are these streams being broadcast by Astra or Hotbird satellites?  If so
I can take them with my dvb card.

>Also, it might be of interest that older (say 1+ months) old versions of
>mplayer played that transport stream properly (video only, anyhow). I just
>downloaded Sept 14th snapshot, and it fails to even play the video. So I
>don't know what changed. :(
>
>Thanks!
>Tim

This is strange and worrying.
Did you test the same sample with two versions of mplayer and the newer
version failed
or did you test two different samples?
No meaningful code was committed to demux_ts in this month.
In any case, can you please run

mplayer -v stream.ts >& log.txt

and send me log.txt privately (the log is usually quite big).

Thanks,
    Nico