[MPlayer-users] Mplayer full screen

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Thu Sep 18 10:09:54 CEST 2003

Hi,

On Thursday, 18 September 2003, rohitash panda wrote:
> hi,
>   i installed Mplayer on Redhat 7.2.Even though i have the Xv
> extensions library , it says it cannot use/find.Is it then because
> my video card dosnt support X Video Acceleration(I have a trident
> card, dont know the model, got to see it).I can play full screen
> with SDL,but i see blocks which looks perfect in Windows Media
> Player.Is the quality with SDL(fullscreen) not better.Is there any
> other way i can achieve fullscreen with good output.

You withheld specific hardware info, so there's little we can help.
You can identify your gfx card by following the instructions in
bugreports.html. I'd also suggest searching the XFree86 docs and mans
for information on support for your hardware.

> I have the mplayer and mplayer-common rpm's installed.For the GUI
> thing is there a seperate mplayer distribution or i can get a
> seperate rpm which converts this mplayer to a GUI one.And if at
> all there is a different one, can i have the console mplayer and
> the GUI one togather without any problems.
> I have a console mplayer, can you just guide me how do i get a GUI
> Mplayer.

Just install the mplayer-gui and mplayer-skin-(whatever) RPMs.

--
MPlayer RPMs maintainer: http://www.piorunek.pl/~dominik/linux/pkgs/mplayer/