[MPlayer-users] Re: trouble converting ppm to mpeg - repost

Lawrence M./ Lifshitz Lawrence.Lifshitz at umassmed.edu
Thu Sep 18 14:53:53 CEST 2003

As you see near the end of my initial post, I have tried the -mf option; it didn't make
any difference.  You can also see at the beginning of the mencoder output the
exact version of mencoder I'm using (and I'm on RedHat 9.0 if that makes any
difference).  What follows is the exact output from when I use the -mf option
(essentially the same as the output shown in my original post I believe).
(man mplayer     lists the option as -mf, not mf:).

  mencoder -mf fps=2:type=jpeg -ofps 2 -ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg1video -of mpeg -v -o
movie.mpg *.jpg
MEncoder 1.0pre1-3.2.2 (C) 2000-2003 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel Celeron 2/Pentium III Tualatin (Family: 6, Stepping: 1)
Detected cache-line size is 32 bytes
CPUflags: Type: 6 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 0
Compiled for x86 CPU with extensions: MMX MMX2 SSE

Reading /home/lml/.mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/home/lml/.mplayer/codecs.conf': No such file or
directory
Reading /usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf: Can't open '/usr/local/etc/mplayer/codecs.conf': No such
file or directory
Using built-in default codecs.conf
File not found: 'frameno.avi'
Failed to open frameno.avi
Reading config file /home/lml/.mplayer/mencoder: No such file or directory
init_freetype
Using MMX (with tiny bit MMX2) Optimized OnScreenDisplay
[file] File size is 22176 bytes
STREAM: [file] movie0.jpg
STREAM: Description: File
STREAM: Author: Albeu
STREAM: Comment: based on the code from ??? (probably Arpi)
success: format: 0  data: 0x0 - 0x56A0
Checking for YUV4MPEG2
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e0b28
ASF_check: not ASF guid!
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e0b28
Checking for NuppelVideo
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e0b28
Checking for REAL
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e0b28
Checking for SMJPEG
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e0b28
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
Searching demuxer type for filename movie0.jpg ext: .jpg
Checking for MOV
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
Checking for VIVO
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
Checking for PVA
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
Checking for MPEG-TS...
THIS DOESN'T LOOK LIKE AN MPEG-TS FILE!
TRIED UP TO POSITION 15328, FOUND 0, packet_size= -256
stream_seek: WARNING! Can't seek to 0x3BE0 !
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
MPEG Stream reached EOF
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
MPEG packet stats: p100: 0  p101: 0 p1B6: 0 p12x: 0 sli: 0 a: 3 b: 0 c: 0 idr: 0 sps: 0 pps: 0 PES:
6  MP3: 1
Not MPEG System Stream format... (maybe Transport Stream?)
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
ds_fill_buffer: EOF reached (stream: video)
DEMUXER: freeing demuxer at 0x84e1390
============ Sorry, this file format is not recognized/supported =============
=== If this file is an AVI, ASF or MPEG stream, please contact the author! ===
Cannot open demuxer.
Exiting...