[MPlayer-users] Cannot load subtitles: Wonderful Days DVD Rip/wonderful.days-postx.sub

William Hawkins whawkins at vt.edu
Sat Sep 20 18:45:45 CEST 2003

On Sat, Sep 20, 2003 at 08:58:08AM -0500, Nathan Morell (frizop at eatel.net) wrote:
> When I try vobsub, it says this;
>
> Playing Wonderful.Days-PosTX.avi
> VobSub: Can't open IFO file
> No matching VOBSUB languge found!
> AVI file format detected.
> VIDEO:  [XVID]  608x336  24bpp  23.976 fps  992.4 kbps (121.1 kbyte/s)
> Clip info:
>  Software: Nandub v1.0rc2
>
> and I don't have the original dvd.. so poo.
>
> any more ideas?

Well this is the commandline I use to play Wonderful Days
"mplayer Wonderful.Days-PosTX.avi -vobsub wonderful.days-postx -slang
en"... with it i get the error "Can't open IFO fileSelected VOBSUB
language: 1 language: en", but I believe that it can be safly ignored.

BTW, when posting a problem like this, it would be good to include the
command line you use with the post :)

William Hawkins