[MPlayer-users] Problem Encoding Solid Color Objects With LAVC MPEG4

rcooley rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Sep 22 11:40:47 CEST 2003

Angel wrote:
> However, I recently encoded the movie Bad Boys and during one of the scenes
> there is a solid colored background behind one of the characters and it came
> out looking like an 8 puzzle with large blocks shifting around. I decided to
> try encoding the movie using DIVX 5.1 and virtualdub just to see how the
> results would compare. To my extreme disappointment... the DIVX 5.1 version
> looked 1000% better.

Your command-lines indicate that you are using a g1 version.  I have
personally had many encoding (as well as decoding) problems with every
version I've tried.  If you haven't done so already, I would strongly
suggest using a MPlayer 0.9x version, and see if your results are any
better.  There certainly are serious improvements in my own tests.