[MPlayer-users] record tv and drop advertising in one pass?

Frank Blatzheim Frank_Blatzheim at gmx.de
Mon Sep 22 20:00:32 CEST 2003

Hello,
(be warned, my english is a pain)

i try to record television with a saa7132-compatible tv card and
mencoder. Space on disk ist rare, so i compress/convert the *.avi in
one pass:

mencoder -tv driver=v4l2:width=512:height=384:\
input=1:amode=0 tv://E11 \
-o /tmp/output$nr.avi \
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=1500 \
-vop pp=lb \
-oac mp3lame -lameopts cbr:br=64 mode=3

this works fine BUT how can I stop recording at begin of advertising
and record again after? Pausing (space,p) works only in mplayer but
not in mencoder. Using CTRL+C ends mencoder, is the recorded *.avi
broken after CTRL+C?

I see only one way:
Pressing CTRL+C on every advertising-block-begin, rename the *.avi
and start recording into a new file after the advertising-block. This
is easy to done:

#-----------------------------------------
#!/bin/sh
#/mencoder-startscript

let nr=1
until [ ! -e /tmp/output$nr.avi ]; do
   let nr=nr+1
done

# mencoder starts here....

This way, i get a lot of *.avi-s, contain one movie. How can  i put
the parts together, ensure that the file ist allright? I use "cat"
and mplayer crashed with the result-file.

Grüsse
Frank

--
Ich habe kein TBC, QT oder KDE!