[MPlayer-users] subcp/iconv problem

Roberto De Leo deleo at unica.it
Tue Sep 23 03:23:32 CEST 2003

Hi,
I am trying to make the "-subcp" option work with MoviX but there is
something strange.

I recently found out that to read cyrillic subtitles I have to use the
option "-subcp  koi8r" [I tried many combinations but only this one
seems to work] and it works perfectly fine on my Linux box, but when I
try to do this on my MoviX mini-distro MPlayer gives some error messages
complaining about not being able to use iconv [it runs but the
subtittles are definitely not cyrillic].

Since MoviX is a very minimal distro my best guess is that this 'iconv'
feature can't find some external file it uses to convert the subs, but I
could not find anywhere [iconv man page, mplayer man page, mplayer error
messages, subreader.c code] any trace of external files so I really do
not know what to do to fix this.

Any hint would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks,
 Roberto