[MPlayer-users] Re: Problem Encoding Solid Color Objects With LAVC MPEG4

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Tue Sep 23 12:58:28 CEST 2003

On Tuesday 23 September 2003 12:04, Angel wrote:
> Yes. I tried multiple times to upload the source/results to
> ftp.mplayerhq.hu/incoming but I couldn't get it to work. On the last
> attempt I noticed the error message I received said that the device was out
> of space. I've put the files on my server. You can download them from the
> following URL: http://www.knight-industries.com/bad_boys. If you get the
> problems with the ftp server fixed... let me know and I will upload the
> clips there if you want.
I've just seen your samples. Are the blocking artifacts more noticeable in
some places than others? Because, honestly, I cannot spot much difference
from divx to lavc, and I didn't try the xvid one because obviously it is
twice the size so I think a comparison won't be fair.
For what I can see, both are good quality. I can't see any blocking artifact
in any of the two.