[MPlayer-users] /dev/fb0 no such device

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Tue Sep 23 18:44:06 CEST 2003

armin.gerritsen at philips.com wrote:

>>My linux distribution is Debian[woody]/unstable.
>
> 'unstable' ??? :-)

 From all I've heard, Debian "unstable" simply refers to package-related
issues, such as dependencies; it has nothing to do with the stability of
the included software. Unstable does tend to include more recent
versions than either testing or stable, but that's largely because it is
those versions which have not yet had these issues resolved.

IOW: If I'm parsing this question correctly, no, this should not be a
part of the problem.

However, since current Debian stable is named woody, testing is named
sarge, and unstable is ALWAYS named sid, yet the previous poster claims
to be running "Debian[woody]/unstable", I think there's a small
discrepancy somewhere.

--
       The Wanderer