[MPlayer-users] /dev/fb0 no such device

Felix Cuello felix at anubis.qodiga.com
Tue Sep 23 19:53:07 CEST 2003

On Tue, Sep 23, 2003 at 02:34:44PM +0200, armin.gerritsen at philips.com wrote:
> > I loaded tdfxfb module... but, only can see movies at console(*), not
> > at X, because my system crashes.
> I would expect an error in the driver in that case ...
> Do other players work?
What other players can I use? [always I use mplayer since v0.60]

> That is because the driver is then already configurred to be 'backed' into
> the kernel.
At work.. this kernel 2.4.21-5-686 works fine... but 2.4.22-1-686
doesn't work at home.

> > My linux distribution is Debian[woody]/unstable.
> 'unstable' ??? :-)
Yes... I always use Debian/unstable in my workstations [work and home]
not at servers when only use Debian/stable.
[unstable is because you always have the lastest version of packages]

Whatever at work MPlayer 0.90rc4-2.95.4 show movies, and at home Mplayer
1.0pre1-3.3.2 does not.

:-\ What can I do???

thanks a lot,

Felix