[MPlayer-users] [BUG?] Libavcodec first pass fail with Mulholland drive : get_buffer() failed NOVIRUS

Corey Hickey bugfood-ml at fatooh.org
Tue Sep 23 22:24:35 CEST 2003

rcooley wrote:
> Eric Fernandez wrote:
>
>> Encoding the movie (title 1) or the trailer (title 6) fails after the
>> first pass using mencoder 1.0pre1 but was successful with previous
>> versions of mencoder (0.91 and below).
>
> I've had the same problems.  As a quick-fix, I encoded in 1-pass at a
> very-high bitrate, then re-encoded the resulting file in 2-pass mode
> with -idx.
>
> In the end, I downgraded...  Even if it's solved in CVS,

Try it now and see if it works.

> that's still
> only one of the problems I have with g1.

I should have mentioned in my other mail to you, that if you're really
interested in having your problems looked at, you might be better off
asking on the ffmeg-devel mailing list. There's some overlap between
mplayer and ffmpeg development, but libavcodec does come straight out of
ffmpeg.

-Corey