[MPlayer-users] Playing mencoder's recorded AVI's on windows media player: AUDIO DESYNC

Fabio Papa f.papa at mcmspa.it
Wed Sep 24 08:17:19 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 24 September 2003 02:48, Andre Bruce wrote:
> I allways record stuff  from TV, and i can watch  them pretty well using
> mplayer.
> But, when trying to watch those files on windows media player, all of
> them got audio/video desync. Any  ideas  ?
>
> This is how i record the files:
>
> /usr/bin/mencoder -tv
> on:driver=v4l:norm=palm:width=640:height=480:amode=0\
>
> :input=0 \
>
> -oac mp3lame -ovc lavc -lameopts preset=medium -lavcopts
> vcodec=mpeg4:vbitrate=3000:keyint=132 -vop pp=lb \
> -o $OUTPUT_FILE
>

> After recordig, i re-encode the audio with:
> mencoder  -oac mp3lame -ovc copy $INPUT_FILE -o $OUTPUT_FILE
Maybe there's an error here, as you seem to encode in mp3 during capture
already, so I don't see the point in re-encoding.
Anyway, I don't know what the defaults are for mp3, but keep in mind that
files generated from mencoder with ABR or VBR audio are not windows
compatible. (or media player compatible, I can't remember)